Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

God Can Rescue Us

God Can Rescue Us “Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.” Isaiah 46:4 Last week I saw the news where severe flooding in Texas had claimed the lives of several people. The newscast showed several people clinging to the tops of trees to try to escape the raging waters. In life there are times when we are going along without a care in the world and nothing to weigh us down. Then, without warning we are hit by a catastrophe such as this flood and our world is turned upside down. We look around and are terrified by what we see, as our human eyes do not see any way out of our trouble. I am sure that these people clinging to the tree tops felt exactly this way, and felt that their worlds had collapsed around them. Their homes, their material possessions and everything they owned had been swept away by the raging floodwaters. In the scripture above God tells us that there is hope in the worst of times as He will sustain us and rescue us. Maybe you are facing adversity in a physical, emotional, or financial area of your life. Don’t panic! Pray, even though it looks like there is no way out, you must not lose heart because God is still there, and knows your trouble, and tells us that He will not let us bear more than we can handle. Isaiah 43:2 “I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.” I would encourage each of you to turn to God when you face your troubles, as He will be there to listen and come to your rescue. There is no one that can conquer the raging floods in your life the way God can. Even through our trials God can give us His overwhelming peace and assurances that everything is fine. My Daily Devotional Volume III July 3 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment