Pages

Sunday, February 10, 2013

A Time For Renewal

A Time For Renewal "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." Psalm 118:1 This morning as I looked out my window, I noticed that my daffodils and tulips were beginning to sprout and emerge from their dormant sleep, after a hard winter. Even though there is still snow on the ground they are becoming alive, and getting ready to put forth their beautiful flowers in preparation for the Easter season. I love daffodils and tulips as they remind me of Easter, a precious time when Jesus died for my sins and then was raised from the grave. This is the time of the year that all Christians need to rededicate their lives to serving Jesus, and realize the sacrifice that He made for us that day on Calvary. Just like my daffodils and tulips emerge each year, and put forth their beautiful flowers, we need to put forth our best effort to worship God and thank Him for what he did for us. This should be a time of renewing ourselves, and seeking ways that we can become closer to God. Many times Christians become dormant and lose the focus they may have had when they first accepted Jesus into their heart. All the busyness and pressures of life eats into the time they spend with God each day. They spend less time reading their Bible, and their prayer time and worship time begins to reduce. God wants us to give our first fruits each day to worship and glorify Him. If you have found yourself in this situation, where you are spending less time with God each day, this could be the time to change your habits, and renew and rededicate yourself to make God number one in your life. Just like my daffodils and tulips rise from their dormant state, and put forth their best splendor, this is the time for you to do the same. Renew yourself and make God number one in your life again. My Daily Devotional Volume Six February 10, 2013 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment