Pages

Sunday, November 1, 2015

My Daily Devotional

Are You A Peace Maker By: My Wife Margaret Sue Lefevers Brock "Blessed are the peace makers, for they will be called sons of God." Matthew 5:9 Over the years, my daughter Pamela and I have always enjoyed doing everything together. She is our only daughter and has always brought us such joy, as she has always lived close to us her entire life. She is so intelligent, and when you talk to her, this becomes apparent so quickly. We both love our Lord, Jesus Christ, and we often talk about different verses in the Bible, and what they mean to each of us. The majority of the time we understand and interpret the verse the same way, but occasionally we differ about the interpretation of a particular verse. I have always said to her, "that even though we may differ or see things differently, I will not argue about it". She always tells me that when you discuss things, it will help each of us understand better, but I think it sounds more like arguing. I believe that God wants each of us to be a peace maker, instead of being a peace keeper, as I do not think that arguing over God's scripture does anyone any good. So often in life, people let little things like differences of opinion, and interpretation of scripture, become barriers, which is not what God wants from us. There should not be barriers formed that divide and cause division among people, but rather an encouraging and bonding presence that brings the people of God together. There is too much division in our world today, and I feel that God wants us to be able to come together in love, rather than being a hindrance to others. We need to understand that God made each of us in his own image, and gave each of us our own individuality. There will always be differences, but our differences should never be a stumbling block for others, as God tells us to love others as we love ourselves. Robert William Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven November 1

No comments:

Post a Comment