Pages

Sunday, November 8, 2015

My Daily Devotional

Mother's Bible By: My Wife Margaret Sue Lefevers Brock “Children’s children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children.” Proverbs 17:6 Our children have always seen me reading my Bible each morning before they went to school. Many years ago, when our son Rob was a freshman at Geneva College, he left a little note in my Bible, asking me to pray for him as he knew I would see it. Another memory that I have of Rob was years ago when Bob and I did a will, in case anything happened to us. As we were deciding what to give our children, we asked each of them to tell us what they wanted. When we asked Rob, he simply said that he would let us know. He called later and said all he wanted was my Bible as he knew that I read it every day. Nothing on earth could have pleased me more than this simple request, and when I read my Bible each morning, I always think about this. I can remember when I was a little girl, probably 10 years old, our friend Marion Brock would sing a song called “Mother’s Bible”. Some of the words were “with its pages worn and torn is more precious that Gold.” I loved to hear him sing it, and I have always thought throughout the years, whether my children would ever ask for my Bible. What a glorious gift Rob gave me that day, just by asking for my Bible Rob is our most perfect and precious son, and has always had the kindest heart and respect for others. He has grown up to be a father and husband that I am so proud of, and still has this kind heart and demonstrates this to all the people he meets. Rob has been such a blessing to us throughout the years, and I am so proud to be called his mother. His gift of thoughtfulness in asking only for my Bible, will forever be with me and something that I will cherish forever. I hope that all my children will remember the legacy that I hope to leave for them, my devotion to God. Robert William Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven November 8

No comments:

Post a Comment