Pages

Monday, October 1, 2012

Let God Be Your Guide

Let God Be Your Guide “Show me your ways, O Lord, teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.” Psalm 25:4-5 Recently I was given directions to get to a board meeting in a nearby town. I had written down, what I thought were detailed directions to the restaurant. It was in an area that I thought I was familiar enough with that I would not have any problems. However I had missed a key part of the directions as I found myself going completely through the town without seeing the restaurant. I retraced my steps and again found that it did not lead me to where I wanted to go. Finally, in desperation I called and found the right direction and got to the meeting on time. The problem had been that the person giving me the direction was doing so by looking at coming into town from the west, but I was looking at coming into town from the east. So when he said to turn right I should have been turning left. Both of us had completely misunderstood the other. Our daily lives can also be confusing as well, but God gives us directions through our daily reading of the Bible, praying and then listening to what it really says can keep us going in the right direction. When we turn to God for our directions he has the answers and will lead us to our correct destination. There are many decisions that each of us have to make in our daily lives such as financial decisions, relationship decisions, health decisions and family decisions. Most of these decisions are ones that many times we need help with to make the best decision possible. God can help and assist us and give us the right advice and direction to follow, if we will only call upon Him. I would encourage each of you to call upon God as he will show you His ways and teach you His paths and guide you in His truth. My Daily Devotional Volume III July 11 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment