Pages

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Resist Temptations

Resist Temptations “And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.” 1st Corinthians 10:13 All Christians face daily temptations in our walk with Christ. Everywhere we go and in everything we do, Satan is there to tempt us to do things that are evil, and things that test our faith. Everywhere we look there is advertising, books, television and music that is tempting us to do wrong. Even our friends, peers, and sometimes even our family, try to persuade us to join the crowd, and do things that are not right in the sight of God. I believe that one of the most important things we can do to ward off temptations is to face them head on. In order to do this we need to prepare ourselves, just as God tells us to do in Psalms 23:5 “You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.” If we expect the enemy to attack us we need to be ready, as it should not be any surprise. We need to stand up and in the name of the Lord declare: I do not care how you got here Satan, but I was expecting you, as I knew that I was going to have troubles and be tempted in this world, so you are no surprise to me. But I am ready for you Satan, as I have God on my side, and he has even prepared a table before me in your presence, and I am going to enjoy a heavenly feast right before your eyes, and there is nothing that you can do about it. My God and I are in control and your power cannot tempt me. If we keep this kind of attitude and faith in God to help us withstand any kind of temptation, we will be able to ward off any attack that Satan will throw against us. I would encourage each of you to anticipate temptations on a daily basis, and when you are tempted think about this scripture and let God help you resist and prepare your own table in front of Satan. My Daily Devotional Volume III July 26 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment