Pages

Thursday, June 5, 2014

My Perfect Son

My Perfect Son "For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened." Matthew 7:8 Today is my oldest son's birthday. Rob is my perfect son, and has always been a father and mothers dream.. Most children are not bashful in asking for things. I can remember our daughter Pamela, and our youngest son, Christopher always wanting something. They were not bashful in wanting all the new toys that were on the market, or anything that was the rage of the day. Our middle son Rob, who I have always called our perfect son, seemed to always be content with what he had, and was always happy. I call Rob, "my perfect son", as he was always a parents dream to have a son like him. He was always happy, never causing any problems, always obeyed, always content with what he had, and fit in with both young and old alike. I believe God's favor has always been on Rob, as he gave his heart to Jesus many years ago, and was an example as he was growing up, to all the church family. He was the youngest man to be selected to the church board at the age of 18, and people still talk about him around our town, as he made an impression on people that most, seldom forget. He still is like that today, as he now has his own family, and is passing these same traits down to his children. I have always prayed that my children would be children of God, and I am so blessed that all of them are, and when I asked and prayed that God would bless my children, I believe He has answered my prayers. I have claimed the scripture above for them. "For everyone who asks receives." I would encourage each parent reading this message today, to pray for your children, and ask God to watch over them, and to bless them, and to make them content to be what God wants them to be, "God's perfect son." Happy birthday Rob, I love you and am so proud to be your father. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven June 5

No comments:

Post a Comment