Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Safe In The Arms Of Jesus

Safe In The Arms Of Jesus

"The righteous perish, and no one ponders it in his heart; devout men are taken away, and no one understands that the righteous are taken away to be spared from evil."
Isaiah 57:1

This past weekend my son and his wife came to us with some bad news. They had found out about a week earlier that they were pregnant, and everyone has been overjoyed knowing that our little two year old granddaughter was going to have a little brother or sister. However they just discovered that she has miscarried and has lost the baby. It is difficult in my eyes to understand why the Lord would want to take someone so precious as our little baby home to be with Him. In my perspective, it was too young to be taken, as it did not have a chance to experience life, but most of all I did not get to know it, hold it in my arms and love it. However, when I pull myself back enough to see it from an eternal perspective, I am envious that I am not in the presence of God with it right now. I know that someday I will get to see it, and hold it in my arms in Heaven. I also know that since we won't be able to raise and take care of our baby ourselves that Jesus will do it for us. So in my own limited knowledge of God and Heaven, I believe that our baby is now wrapped in God's arms, happy and waiting to see its mommy and daddy someday, and also its grandpa and grandmother. I can also just imagine my dad, sitting next to Jesus, rocking and holding his great grandchild in his arms, singing to it and loving it. I can't wait until my turn will come when I too can hold it in my arms and love it, but I know it is safe in my dad's arms right now and is with Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry...Your words are such loving and wise words. I was so deeply moved by them. You are such an inspiration to so many. Your family is in our prayers and our thoughts. You are all such a blessing to us and you are deeply loved.

    ReplyDelete