Pages

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Turn To Jesus

Turn to Jesus

“I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”
John 16:33

When you have troubles confront you where do you turn, to your God or away from him? According to the many scriptures found in our Bible, God tells us to expect troubles and tribulations throughout our lives. Most of the apostles were beset with troubles all through their ministries, and spent much of their time in prison, or on the run from their enemies. Paul and Barnabas were strengthening the souls of the disciples, encouraging them to continue in their faith and trust in God, and saying, “through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God.” Acts 14:22. With the assurance that we are going to encounter tribulations during our lives, we are faced with the question who do we turn to? I can remember my oldest son when he was about 2 years old walking into our living room when the lights were out. He did not know that I was sitting on the sofa, and when he entered the darkened room, I yelled out thinking that I would have fun with him and surprise him. Instead, it terrified him. One would expect him to have run away from danger, as he could not see who was there, however he began running directly to me with arms outstretched, looking for comfort. This is the innocence of a young child. I believe this is how we should be as adults, as when danger threatens we should run and seek comfort from Jesus, as He is the only one that can provide complete peace and comfort. The one thing that I would encourage each of you is to also run to Jesus in your good times as well. Don’t just use your times of trouble to run to Jesus, but think about Him during your good times, as He will give you comfort and peace any time you call.

No comments:

Post a Comment