Pages

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

God Is Always Watching

God Is Always Watching

"For a man's ways are in full view of the Lord, and he examines all his paths."
Proverbs 5:21

My grandmother gave me some valuable advice when I was a little boy, when she said that God was watching me at all times, and that I should live my life as if He was standing beside me, watching. This is probably the best advice I have ever received, and I wish that everyone could live with this in mind. Throughout each day we are tempted with evil, and make choices that are good or bad. If we made these choices with the idea that God was standing there beside us, watching our every move, we would make better decisions. The fact is that God is standing there beside us, watching our every move, our every choice, knows our every thought, but most of all knows our heart. There is nothing that we do, that God is not aware of. There is an old Cherokee saying that during life we are constantly in a battle between good and evil, and that God and Satan are doing battle for our soul each moment of our day. The winner will be whichever we feed, good or evil. The advice my grandmother taught me has kept me focused so many times in making the right choice, and feeding good instead of evil. Some day we are all going to stand before God at His judgment throne, and be judged based on all the good and bad choices we made during life. There will be nothing hidden from God, as all our ways, the good, the bad and the ugly, will be in full view, and He will examine all our paths during life. The battle between good and evil will then be over, and a victor will have been chosen.
My Daily Devotional Volume Six
May 25
Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment