Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

You Reap What You Sow

You Reap What You Sow

"Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed."
James 5:16

As I have studied my Bible, I have seen God's system so often in my life which operates on the principal of sowing and reaping. I have seen that when I have sown seeds of blessings into others lives, that I have reaped more blessings than I have sown. I believe the same thing happens when you pray for one another, as when you pray for someone and their problems, you get your mind off yourself and onto others. You're sowing a seed in someone else's life, but God also does something in return in your own life. The more seeds you sow the bigger your own blessings will be. You can't out give God, as if you sow a hundred fold you will reap a thousand fold. You should not do this to simply want to get more than you receive, but should do it because you want to help someone and show that you love them. God gives us His greatest commandment which Is to love Him with all our heart, mind and strength, and then to love others as we love ourselves. Is there someone in your life that you can pray for? Maybe it's a friend, a fellow employee, a school mate, or someone that crosses your path that may need a prayer. They don't have to be present when you pray for them, as you can pray for them as you go about your day, or even while driving to work. Remember, when you pray for others, you are opening the door for God to also move mightily in your own life. Take just a moment throughout your day to pray for someone, as God has commanded you to do. Direct your thoughts and prayers towards someone that needs God to help them get through a tough time in their life. When you do this you will be honoring God, and His blessings will begin to flow back to you.
My Daily Devotional Volume Six
June 1
Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment