Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

My Glimpse Of Heaven

My Glimpse Of Heaven

"To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne."
Revelation 3:21

Today, as I look out my window, I am drawn to the bright rays of the sun peeking through the clouds, and knowing that you are far above them in Heaven, looking down on me, and all the world around me. I stand in awe today, of your power and your majesty, as to the beautiful world that you have created here on earth, and I can only imagine what the heaven will be like that you have also created for me. I can hardly wait to walk on the streets of gold you have prepared for me, and see and hear the angels filling the air and sounds with their heavenly music. I long to be reunited with my father, my mother, my wonderful wife, my children, my grandchildren, and my grandparents, and spend my eternity there in a great reunion in your beautiful garden. I anticipate getting to spend all my days in your kingdom where there will be no fear, no worry, no sickness and no concern about anything, and being able to live in peace and harmony all my days. I want to experience your presence and spend time with you, in the paradise you have prepared for me. But today Lord, I am still on this beautiful earth, with my earthly family, and as I struggle to obey your commands and do your will, I stand committed to do what you would have me do while I am still in this earthly body. I wait with anticipation for the day you will decide that my time on earth is over, your work in me has been fulfilled, and you will welcome me with open arms to the place you have prepared for me. Thank you Jesus for being my Lord and Savior. and letting me have just a glimpse of what you have prepared for me.
My Daily Devotional Volume Six
May 17
Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment