Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Don't Delay God Is Waiting

Don't Delay God Is Waiting “I have considered my ways and have turned my steps to your statutes. I will hasten and not delay to obey your commands.” Psalm 119:59-60 Psalm 119 is one of the longest Psalm’s in the Bible and is a devotional on the word of God. All throughout the 176 verses, mostly of which are addressed to God from King David, it gives us instruction in the word of God, which is the dominant theme. Most of the verses deal with God’s directives for life, and the pleasures and comfort that God can bring to us during our journey through life, and also God’s promises to us if we follow his commands. I know all throughout my life I was given God’s directives, as I got them from my mother and my grandparents, and I have especially gotten them from my wife, and also from all the pastors of the churches I have attended. All of these directives have continually been a reminder to mr of what I was supposed to do, and not to do, but most of all they reminded me what God commanded me to do. God has been patient with me, as through all of these constant reminders, it took me 50 plus years to finally get this through my thick skull that God was the only way to have the peace and joy in my life that I dreamed of. I have now considered my ways and have turned my steps to God’s statutes; however I did not hasten to obey His commands, as the writer of the above scripture did, but God was still there waiting for me. He waited patiently for me, and did not give up on me, and although I feel that I have missed so much by not coming to Jesus earlier in my life, and experiencing the joy and peace that He is now blessing me with, I am so thankful that He has permitted me to come even when I did. The entire 176 verses of this Psalm should inspire everyone to come to Christ. God is also waiting on you patiently, and will welcome you with open arms, so hasten to him and don't delay. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven April 19

No comments:

Post a Comment