Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

God Is With You

God Is With You "All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:16 Several months ago I got an e-mail from a friend, telling me that she had just lost her 34 year old son, and had set by his bedside for 6 weeks, before he went to be with God. Just 4 years earlier she had lost her husband of 40 years. It is difficult to deal with these kind of losses, but so many people that I deal with in my ministry, go through these kinds of difficulties every day. Many times these times can cause anyone to ask the question, "why are these things happening to me"? I know in my own experience, it was difficult for me to understand why God allowed my father to be killed in World War II, when I was only 2 years old. No one knows what God's plan is for our lives, but He tells us in the scripture above, that He knew us while we were still in our mother's womb, and knew all the days ordained for us before any of them came to be. We can never understand why tragedy's such as these happen, that can affect our lives so dramatically, but we must believe that this was all in God's great plan for us. We must have enough courage and faith to say "God, I don't understand it, but I trust you." We need to put our complete trust in God and give our hurts and pains over to Him. He tells us, "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast because he trusts in you." Isaiah 26:3. I encourage each of you to continue to trust in God during your difficult times as He is always with you. "Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff they comfort me." If you are dealing with a difficult situation in your life today, I want you to know that God is with you, He knows what you are going through, as this is all part of His plan for your life, but He will give you victory. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven November 11

No comments:

Post a Comment