Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Plant Your Seed

Plant Your Seed "He who goes out weeping, carrying seed to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him." Psalm 126:6 One of my favorite hobbies is working in my garden during the summer, and I spend much of my time outside. My love of nature and watching things grow, has given me much pleasure over the years. Having grown up on a farm, I enjoy sowing a seed and then watching it grow. Most Christians, I am sure, have watched seeds that they have sown, such as helping someone in need, and then possibly teaching them about Jesus, and finally leading them to Christ. God expects each of us to sow these kinds of seeds every day. But, what do we do when God asks us to sow those big seeds; ones that gets us out of our comfort zones? When I think about these times, I think about the story of Abraham, when God asked him to take his son Isaac up on the mountain, to be sacrificed. This was a really big request, and one that would test the faith of anyone. This kind of request would get almost anyone out of their comfort zone, but I believe that God asks many people to step outside their comfort zones, and plant those big seeds. This past week, I heard the testimony of Joni Erickson, the champion diver that is now paralyzed, talking about what God has done in her life, and the ministry that God has given her, which has resulted in many souls being won for Christ. These kind of stories happen only when we step out of our comfort zones, and obey the call of God. Perhaps you are being called today by God to plant a seed, that is outside your comfort zone, and are holding back because of fear of the unknown. You can rest assured that if God is asking you to sow this seed, you will be rewarded many times over, and your harvest will be overflowing when you obey. Don't hesitate, answer God's call, and you will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven November 12

No comments:

Post a Comment