Pages

Thursday, September 24, 2015

Ambassadors For Jesus

Ambassadors For Jesus "So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." Isaiah 55:11 Let me ask you a simple question today, "Are you being the ambassador for Christ that you need to be? I was reminded of this yesterday, when Margaret and I were trying to find a program on television to watch. As we turned from channel to channel trying to find a decent program, each one seemed to be more evil than the last one, there was foul language, improper clothing, sexual overtones, and many other things that were not appropriate to watch. The reason for my question is that if most of the time our children spend is in front of the television, seeing this garbage, who are the ambassadors for Christ that they see. The people who are watching these programs are never going to church, never going to read the Bible, and are living their lives void of God's Truth. I have written much about the church getting outside the four walls of the church, as this is where the vast majority of people in this nation and around the world live their lives. The fact is, everyone has a family member, friend, or co-worker like this. Because they have rejected God's Word they also have rejected Jesus Christ and whether they understand it or not, are going to die one day and spend eternity in hell, unless ambassadors of Christ step forward and give them the opportunity to know Jesus. We must get out of the comfort zone of our churches, quit doing nothing but preaching to ourselves, and get bold and aggressive in taking the message of Christ's love to these lost and hurting masses. The television and media takes this message of debauchery and rebellion to God to the masses every day. If the media can lead the masses to hell, why can't those of us who serve God lead those same masses to an everlasting relationship with Jesus. Robert William Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven September 24

No comments:

Post a Comment