Pages

Friday, September 25, 2015

No More Tomorrows

No More Tomorrows "We are confident, I say, and would prefer to be away from the body and at home with the Lord." 2nd Corinthians 5:8 Yesterday, one of my readers sent me an e-mail, telling me that her husband had just passed away from cancer, the day before. I had been praying for her, and her husband for some time, that God would give them some more time together, as they had just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. Death will come to each of us at some time, and unfortunately we do not know the time that our life will end. As I think about the death of a loved one, I am reminded, that what we so often take for granted will not be there "anymore". There will not be any more hugs, no more special moments to celebrate together, no more phone calls just to chat, no more birthdays or anniversaries to celebrate together. All these will be gone, and all that will remain, will be just some precious memories. The lives of our loved ones are important, and so often we do not appreciate these people, that are in our lives and mean so much to us, until they are gone. Today, I want each of you to think about the people who are special to you, and encourage you to tell them that they are special, and that you love and care about them, while you can, as someday it will be too late to let them know how you feel. Also as you read this, I want you to think about, that you also could die today, tomorrow or next week, and ask yourself if there is someone you need to tell that you love them, or if there are any wounds that need to be healed with someone, or a friendship that needs to be mended. Today is a good day to let the people in your life know that you love them, and care about them, because tomorrow could be too late. Don't put this off, but deal with these issues today, you will be glad you did, as it will give you peace. Robert William Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Six September 25

No comments:

Post a Comment