Pages

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Make A Difference

Make A Difference

"In my anguish I cried to the Lord, and he answered by setting me free."
Psalm 118:5

As I set in front of my computer screen this morning, answering the responses to my daily devotionals, I am reminded of how much people need someone to listen to them and hear their problems. I have just read one from a young man that is threatening to kill himself because he does not see any hope in his future. After chatting with him for a few minutes on Facebook, and telling him that there is hope and a future for him, and that Jesus loves him and so do I, he just now prayed the sinners prayer and accepted Jesus as his savior. I am not this experienced minister that can lead thousands of people to Christ, but I had this opportunity, just now, to lead one lost soul to Christ this morning, that God had placed in my path. I experience this kind of opportunity almost on a weekly basis anymore, as I have put my trust in God, and am letting Him lead and guide me where He wants me to be. My friends, I want you to listen to me today, and know that God is placing people in your path today, that needs you to listen to them and hear their problems. Please take time in your busy schedule to find these people, and tell them about the mighty God you serve, and to help them. Even if you only listen to them, and give them some encouraging words, this may be all that they need. I believe God places people in our paths each and every day, and if we will only take the time to listen and tell them that they are not alone, and that God loves them and cares about them, you can make a difference in someone's life today. Tell them about Jesus, and pray with them and show them that there is hope and a future for them. Tell them that whatever their problems may be that Jesus has an answer.
My Daily Devotional Volume Six
February 9
Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment