Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

You Can Make A Difference

You Can Make A Difference

"Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord, the people he chose for his inheritance."
Psalm 33:12

I recently had one of my readers send me an e-mail asking for prayer for one of her sons, who had gotten with the wrong crowd and had been led astray due to drugs. As I thought about the advice I wanted to send her, I thought that what this young man needed so badly was to have someone cross his path that could help him. I can remember times in my own life when things were going badly, and I needed to have someone to simply cross my path and give me some encouragement. I looked back through past devotionals I had written and sent these to him, and told him that what he was doing was wrong and that he needed to change his ways. Before the day was over, I received an e-mail from this young man, thanking me for the encouragement and taking the time to pray for him. I immediately put him on my daily mailing list and he began to read my Daily Devotionals. I also sent him a special word of encouragement each morning telling him that I would be praying for him. He would always answer each of my e-mails and thank me for praying for him. This morning I received a message from him telling me that he had just asked Jesus into his heart, and thanked me for all the encouragement I had given him, and that I had been the only one that had ever taken the time to care about him. My friends, this is how easy it can be to make a difference in someone's life. There are people you work with, go to school with, or people in your neighborhood where you can cross their path and make a difference in their life. I want to encourage you to look for them today and tell them you care, and give them some encouraging words. You too can make a difference in someone's life.
My Daily Devotional Volume Six
February 1
Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment