Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Generational Wisdom

Generational Wisdom

"One generation will commend your works to another; they will tell of your mighty acts."
Psalm 145:4

I can remember the words of wisdom that my mother, and grandparents passed down to me, as I was growing up.
Although, at the time these words did not have a great deal of meaning to me, as I have gotten older, I realize now just how important their wisdom was, and how it has affected my life today. Being able to pass the things that my ancestors passed on to me, has become an obsession during the past twenty years of my life, as I have tried to capture all the memories and history of the ones that meant so much to me. The most significant things that I have discovered that has been passed down, are the values that they embraced, and their faith and trust in Jesus. This was so evident in their reverence for God, which was lived out in their everyday lives. I believe it is so important to pass our faith in Jesus from generation to generation. I know that when I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior, that the influence of my family played an instrumental part in my decision. They said many prayers for me, as I was growing up, that I would grow in wisdom, stature and have God's favor throughout my life. I would encourage each of you reading this devotional, to pray for your children and grandchildren. Speak to them personally, about your faith in Jesus, but most of all live your life each day as an example for them to follow. There is no greater gift you can ever give to your family, than to lead them to Jesus. "And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and Men." Luke 2:52
My Daily Devotional Volume V
January 1
Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment