Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2012

God Is Always There

God Is Always There “The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desires of those who fear him; he hears their cry and saves them.” Psalm 145:18-19 With all the pressure that goes on in our lives on a daily basis, it is so comforting to know that we have someone who will always be near to us that we can call on in our time of trouble. I know that during my life I have kept many of my troubles to myself, and did not share these with even my closest friends and many times even with my family. I believe many people are like this as they try to do things themselves and rely on their own abilities to solve their problems and difficulties. However God is always there to hear our prayers and listen to us. I have found it so easy to share my burdens with God, as I only have to close my eyes and let my thoughts express my feelings to Him. I know that God hears us when we open our hearts to Him in this way. We can all go to God in this manner; when we are in our cars, at our jobs, relaxing, working in our yards or doing anything. We can reach God during any of these times by simply talking to God with our thoughts. For even the simplest matter that affects us, we need to call on Him. It only takes a moment to close your eyes and ask God for help and guidance in dealing with your issues. God already knows your distress as He knows all about you, but by opening yourselves up to Him in this way, you are letting Him into your lives and His power will begin to work. When you begin to get into a habit of turning your issues over to God, you will begin to feel His presence and His power can then be unleashed. Don’t continue to depend upon your own abilities to deal with your situations, but let God help you and give you strength. Psalm 145:20 “The Lord watches over all who love him.” My Daily Devotional Volume III February 20 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment