Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

God Provides Our Needs

God Provides Our Needs “And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19 In the scripture above the apostle Paul was telling the Philippians that Christ Jesus would provide for them in all situations if they continued to follow His word and obey His commands. How do we get all our needs met? I recall a test that one of my hospitals gave all new applicants for an administrative position. You are driving along on a wild stormy night. You pass a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus: 1. An old lady who is about to die. 2. An old friend who once saved your life. 3. The perfect man (or woman) you have been dreaming about. Which one would you choose, knowing that there could only be one passenger in your car? You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first, or you could take the old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back. However, you may never be able to find your perfect mate again. The candidate who was hired had no trouble coming up with his answer. His answer was, “I would give the car keys to my old friend, and let him take the old lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the woman of my dreams.” Most of you probably tried to meet the needs of only one of the people, not thinking how you could meet all their needs. It’s very much the way we feel about God. Most of us are people who gets pleasure from trying to meet the needs of people around us. But, so often we fall short. That’s why I’m so very thankful to have a God who can not only meet all my needs, but also the needs of everyone else I come into contact with. Romans 12:13 “Share with God’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.” My Daily Devotional Volume III February 11 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment