Pages

Monday, May 7, 2012

God Is In Control

God Is In Control “The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever.” Isaiah 40:8 Gardening and working in my flowers is one of my favorite pastimes. I spend many hours each week in my yard, mowing, planting flowers, watering and keeping my landscaping as best I can. However with all the tender loving care I give to my plants, they can be beset with many different kinds of mold, mildew, bugs, beetles, worms and many other diseases that can kill them, or keep them from developing into the beautiful plants that they can be. No matter how much I care for and tend to their needs, many of them will wither and die each year or not produce as they should. This cycle reminds me so much of what our life is like as so often there is nothing that is permanent around us. We can spend our entire lives accumulating wealth, building relationships, friendships, job security and almost any other material things, and as with my flowers they can disappear almost instantly. The fires, tornadoes, hurricanes and other natural disasters that we read about in our newspapers on a daily basis can destroy any of the treasures we have worked our entire life to accumulate. This indicates just how vulnerable we are, and just how little lack of control we really have on this earth. However there is one thing that is constant, and that is the control that God has over all His creations. His word, His promises, and His love for us never changes, and have always been there for us in the past, and will always be there in the future. It will never die or wither away like my flowers, but will always be within our reach. The word of our God will stand forever and will provide and protect us through all our trials. Isaiah 40:29 “He gives strength to the weary, and increases the power of the weak.” My Daily Devotional Volume III February 16 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment