Pages

Saturday, September 20, 2014

Finding God's Peace

Finding God's Peace "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:7 As I am writing this devotional this morning, I am reflecting back on the eight months that have passed, and how God has blessed me and my family. Yes, we have had our share of sickness, there have been unexpected expenses that have taken us by surprise, there have been unexpected deaths in our extended family that have devastated us, and broken our hearts. However, through all the uncertainty and stresses God has been there to comfort us and help us bear our burdens. When unexpected things happen in our lives we can become the ultimate pity party planner if we let it. We can fall apart just thinking about what lies ahead and how things will work out, all the time thinking about the worst case scenario. However, as I think how blessed I am to be here this morning, being able to write my devotionals, and worship God by reading His Holy Word, and praying to Him, I want to thank Him for all that He has done for me. He has provided me with all that I need, and I am content just knowing that my future is secure, and that my eternal home is just waiting for me when this life is over. It is easy to look at the storm clouds that confront us during this life, however, just knowing that there is something better waiting, that there is always a beautiful rainbow just waiting after the storm is over, is enough to comfort me and give me peace. Life on this earth can be wonderful when we have Jesus in our heart, as the peace and joy that comes with Him walking with us each day, can overshadow any trials and struggles this world can bring. If you do not have this peace and comfort that I have today, all you have to do is ask Him to be your Savior and He will give you His peace and His comfort in all that you do. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven September 20

No comments:

Post a Comment