Pages

Monday, September 8, 2014

God's Plan Fulfilled

God's Plan Fulfilled “Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.” James 1:12 Jesus gives each of us trials and troubles in our lives, and many times we do not understand why we are faced with them. It is difficult to understand why God allows the death of a young child, or disasters such as the recent hurricanes or tornadoes that kill hundreds of people and wreck lives. To understand the scripture above we need to look at Psalm 139:16 “All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.” God knew about the death of the young child and knew about the hurricanes and tornadoes before they happened. I know that throughout my life I did not understand why my father was taken from me before I ever knew him. I struggled with this throughout my life, until about twenty years ago, when I surrendered my life completely to God, and then he began to reveal to me, how my father’s death has affected my life and the life of my children. My life would have been changed completely as well as the lives of my children, had things been different. God has a plan for each of us, and his plan is revealed only when we begin to open our hearts, and begin to let him take control of our lives. The trials and struggles we face during our lives, are all part of his plan for us. If things had been different in my life I am confident I would not be doing what God has me doing today. God has molded me and shaped my life to have me at this place and time. His plan and his will for our lives will be fulfilled after our trials and struggles, and when we persevere, we will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven September 8

No comments:

Post a Comment