Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2014

My Daughter's Birthday

My Daughter's Birthday “When men began to increase in number on the earth and daughters were born to them, the sons of God saw that the daughters of men were beautiful.” Genesis 6:1 Today is Pamela’s birthday, my precious daughter, and my first born child. I will never forget the instant love that I had for her when I first held her in my arms. I know this was the happiest moment in my life, and one that I will never forget. There is something that happens when you see and hold your firstborn child that cannot be put into words. Your life and your world are instantly changed, and the love that you have for this little baby cannot be described in mere words. It is a love that you have never experienced before, and a time in your life when nothing else is as important as protecting and taking care of your new precious baby. I believe this is how God feels about all of us, as he is proud of all His little children when they are born, and tells us throughout the Bible just how precious little children are to Him. He tells us to become as humble as little children in scriptures throughout the Bible, as they are God’s precious little ones. It is so important for parents to love their children and want the best for them. God wants the best for them as well, and has given parents much instruction and wisdom throughout the Bible in how to instruct and guide our children during the time we have them. We must remember that our children are God’s children, and we have them for only a season and then we turn them over to God. While we have them we need to teach them about God and show them the way they need to live their lives. We need to be their examples and live a life that is pleasing to God, obeying and following His commands. God tells us that if we bring up our children in the way of the Lord they will not depart from it. I am so proud to be Pamela's father, and she will always be my little Princess. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven September 11

No comments:

Post a Comment