Pages

Thursday, September 4, 2014

God Is Always There

God Is Always There "Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." Jeremiah 33:3 We recently had a terrible storm that came through our area where the skies became dark, the wind began to blow, and tree limbs were broken from the trees and covered our yard. Fortunately this did not last long as I was beginning to get worried that our house would be damaged. It is during these times that we feel helpless as we can only trust God to watch over and protect us. After the blast of the wind came the hard rain, however this did not last long, and when it was over, the skies began to brighten and traces of the sun appeared, and a beautiful rainbow suddenly appeared. As I opened the door I was greeted by a wonderful fragrance as I looked at the beautiful signal God had placed in the sky indicating that the storm was over. The air smelled fresh and clean. It was like the heavens had opened and rained flowers on the land. But isn’t this a lot like life? In the midst of our scariest times, frustrating moments, and absolute downpours of too much of a good thing, there are gifts from God. This gift was for anyone who took the time to open their doors and see the rainbow in the sky, and breathe in the fresh air. God allows us to go through the hard times but He has certainly promised us the great times too. Out of what seems like the storms of life, we can find Him and know that He cares for us. He was there in the storm and the rain. But He was also there to protect us. Maybe we were all being tested to trust in Him. I am so glad that I know God in such a personal way that when the storms in life hit me with their best shots, I can know that I will make it. He is there for us and longs to refresh us when we need it, protect us from harm and danger, and provide the wisdom we need when we don’t understand the “whys” in life. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven September 4

No comments:

Post a Comment