Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Father's Role

A Father's Role

"Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord."
Ephesians 6:4

There is not a day that passes that I do not think about my father. Even though he was killed in World War II, when I was only 2 years old, I have missed sharing my life with him. It was difficult growing up without my father, as there were many things that I would like to have been able to talk to him about. After praying about today's devotional, the Lord has put on my heart to use it as a special encouragement to all the fathers. There are so many Godly fathers who are the spiritual heads of their homes. They work hard to provide for their families. They love and honor their wives. They realize that their children are gifts from God, and help nurture and mold their lives. These fathers realize that serving God is their most important responsibility as head of their homes. For all the fathers that I just described, I want you to know that you are in my prayers. I want to encourage you to spend a special time each day alone with God. Let Him encourage you, prepare you, and make you a special father, training and teaching your children in the ways of the Lord. If you spend a quiet time with God each day, and make Him number one in your life, you are on the path that God wants you to be on, which is to make your wife and your children your priorities. Getting the right balance in your life is the biggest hurdle you will face each day, as getting that perfect balance between work, home, serving God, and finding time to relax. The other hurdle you will face is being able to give God control, and trusting Him in all things. If you are not doing these things, this is the perfect day to start, just surrender your life and your family to God.
My Daily Devotional Volume IV
March 30
Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment