Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

God's Gentle Whispers

God's Gentle Whispers

“Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper.”
1st Kings 19:11-12

This scripture means a great deal to me, as it describes the way God has spoken to me throughout the years. He did not tear mountains apart, or cause earthquakes, or fire to get my attention. There were no sudden sounds of thunder or lightening when He spoke to me, as He spoke to me in gentle whispers. All through the years God has been speaking to me, as He spoke to me through my wife, my children, and numerous other people I encountered. God has spoken to me when I had difficulties and trials in my life, as He put these in front of me to change the direction I was going. These were not thunderous words where the earth trembled, but were the words of a gentle whisper. These gentle whispers eventually got my attention, and I began to ask myself the question: What is God’s purpose and will for my life? When I began concentrating on knowing what God’s plan was for me, the gentle whispers became more and more clear, and I began to understand what God was saying to me. These gentle whispers became all that I wanted to hear, as they began to direct me and control my life. They became the things that I yearned for, and wanted to commit myself to following and obeying. My life finally began to be meaningful as I began to understand more and got closer to God. Those gentle whispers from God changed my life.
My Daily Devotional Volume Six
March 21
Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment