Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Depend On God

Depend on God “Have mercy on me, O God, have mercy on me, for in you my soul takes refuge. I will take refuge in the shadow of your wings until the disaster has passed.” Psalm 57:1 For the past several years we have been going out to eat dinner each Sunday after church with my mother. During our way back home a few weeks ago we encountered one of the worst rainstorms that I’ve driven through in a long time. The rain was so fierce that you could barely see but a few feet in front of you. Many of the other drivers were pulling off the road or slowing down to a crawl, and putting on their warning lights. All the people in our car was warning me to slow down, or pull off the road, or telling me to be careful. I have found through the years that it is usually better to keep driving during these kinds of situations, but to slow down instead of pulling off the road, so I kept driving. This rainstorm reminded me that when you are going through a storm and difficulties in your life, it is so easy to pull over and quit as so many people do. Many people do stop and give up at the first sign of a problem, as they have experienced other difficulties and problems in their past and they were not resolved successfully, so they simply quit. I believe that whenever we are faced with our rainstorms in life that we need to turn them over to God, and listen to what He tells us to do. Many times our fate is in His hands, and God’s will, will be done regardless. But just knowing that God is with us in our times of trouble is usually sufficient to get us through our difficult times. So don’t pull over and quit when your next rainstorm or difficulties come, but look up to your Heavenly Father, depend on Him to lead and guide you, and you will gain the peace that you will need to go through any storm. My Daily Devotional Volume III May 6 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment