Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Don't Complain

Don’t Complain “Do everything without complaining or arguing.” Philippians 2:14 One of the things that really bothers me is to hear people complain. Having spent over 45 years in health care, I was obviously in a profession where much of my job was dealing with patients who were sick, and naturally they were always complaining about their medical condition. This is to be expected in this kind of environment, however outside of a medical setting I believe that our complaining should be limited and we need to seriously be aware of it. If we are sick we need to always seek medical advice from a physician, but to constantly be complaining to others that we did not sleep well, or that we are tired, or that some minor ailment is bothering us I feel does not do anyone any good. We need to keep a positive attitude about our lives, but just being around someone that has nothing to say but complain about all the things that are wrong with them, can quickly change our positive attitude to one that is negative. I strongly believe that God does not want us to be complainers, as this does no one any good. I believe conversation is healthy between all people, but so often a conversation that deals only with complaining about health issues or other events that are happening can demoralize the other person. My philosophy has always been if I do not have anything positive to say, I will keep silent. I believe if we are ill enough we need to go to the doctor, but to constantly complain and let others know that we are not feeling well, does not do us any good, and can bring others down as well. I would encourage each of you to think about yourselves and see if you are a complainer. God wants us to be a positive influence on others we come into contact with, and if even in the little things, we complain and cause someone else to falter just a little we have done them a disservice. My Daily Devotional Volume III May 1 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment