Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

The Right Road

The Right Road “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life and only a few find it.” Matthew 7:13-14 The scripture above tells us that only a few will find the road and the gate that leads to an everlasting life with our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Have you ever looked around you, for example, at your church service on Sunday morning and wonder who are the few that are going to make it through the small gate and find an eternal life? Is your pastor, youth leader, the person sitting next to you, your spouse and your children going to enter through the gate and be one of the few? According to this scripture the majority of the people in your church service will not enter the gate, but just who will be the few that do make it through. Will I be included in this select few and will my qualifications and credentials be sufficient to allow me to be included in this select group? After thinking about this for some time I now realize that the road that Jesus is referring to is one that is inside me, and as Jesus becomes more and more a part of my life, that my road is no longer the broad road of my own selfish nature, but that it is becoming a narrow, one lane road which is leading me to the gates of life. God is changing my ways and is directing my life and getting me off the broad road and onto the narrow road. God tells each of us to walk the straight and narrow path, and I would encourage all of you to look at your own life and see which road you are traveling on. It is not too late to get on the right road that leads to life. “And a highway will be there; it will be called the Way of Holiness. The unclean will not journey on it; it will be for those who walk in that way.” Isaiah 35:8. My Daily Devotional Volume III April 26 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment