Pages

Friday, July 20, 2012

Jesus Loves Us

Jesus Loves Us “Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” James 1: 17 When I think about the scripture above where God tells us that every good and perfect gift are ones that He sends to each of us so freely, and we see the love that He has for us, which never changes no matter what we do, there is hardly any comparison to this kind of love. It is sometimes hard for people to show and express their love to others in a way that is instantly recognizable, but I believe that dogs do this about as well as anyone. We have a little dog named Teddy which we adopted about two years ago. The moment I enter the house he instantly shows his love for me by wanting to jump into my arms and brings me a toy of some kind. The love he shows is instantly demonstrated by his behavior. I can reward this kind of love by gathering him up in my arms and petting him, but how can we reward Jesus for His love. Our society has not done a very good job of rewarding Jesus. A good example can be seen in the humorous joke below. A fourth grader’s dog followed him to school one morning, and when the bell rang for class, the dog snuck inside the building and made it all the way to the boy’s classroom before a teacher noticed him and put him outside, and closed the door. The dog sat down, whimpered and stared at the closed doors. Then God appeared beside the dog, patted his head, and said, “Don’t feel bad fella’…they won’t let me in either.” Jesus loves us so much and many times we show little love in return. Our thoughts, our actions and our life’s should be centered on returning His love, and thanking Him for forgiving our sins and giving us eternal life, but we do so little to let Him know and return the love. My Daily Devotional Volume III May 16 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment