Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Our Hero

Our Hero “The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and my salvation. He is my stronghold, my refuge and my savior—from violent men you save me.” 2nd Samuel 22:2-3 This past week there was a young soldier who received the highest medal awarded by our nation for giving his life to save others in his unit. This great hero was rewarded for his bravery and not thinking about himself but thinking about others instead. My father was killed in World War II and also was a hero as he considered others before himself. Even though we have men such as this young man and my father willing to sacrifice their lives for us and our protection, we need to remember that our real protection is not in mankind or in any government. Our real protection can only come through God. We can pray for our government, our president and our leaders, but we must ultimately put our trust in God as He is the only one that can protect us. We can all recall September 11, and the day the Twin Towers fell. There were also heroes there that day who died trying to save others as well, but they could not prevent this tragedy. Throughout the Bible there are recorded trials and tribulations that will befall all nations, however the real enemy that is attacking us is Satan himself, who is trying to destroy everyone. His attacks do not let up as they are relentless and occur each day of our lives. Our heroes cannot save us from these attacks, as they are helpless to defend and protect us. Our only hope to withstand these attacks is to turn to the only hero that can protect us, and that is Jesus Christ, who gave His life for all humanity. By His death on the cross for us, He made the way for us to have an eternal life and to be victorious over all our enemies. My Daily Devotional Volume III April 28 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment