Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

God's Timing

God’s Timing “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9 After many years of doing things on my own I am finally coming to the conclusion that everything is based on God’s timing. I know that my heart has been focused on doing what is right for the past ten years, and although I have already reaped a good harvest from my efforts, I have had thoughts of giving up many times because of what I thought was a lack of progress. Obeying scriptures like the one above is not always an easy thing to do. It is not easy sometimes to see a young man or woman become afflicted with a deadly disease, or to see disasters such as tornadoes and hurricanes destroy homes and take people's lives. But I now feel that all these situations are all part of God’s plan and is part of His timing for everything. He tells us to have faith and trust in Him for everything, and I believe He tests our faith and trust by making us wait sometimes to see our results. I would encourage each of you, when storms begin raging in your lives, and when your mountains seem too steep to climb, to turn the situation over to Jesus and let Him calm the seas and get you to your mountain tops where you will find peace. When we have reached the end of our ropes and done what we think we can do, I believe that God knows all this, and will then step in and help us complete our journey and fulfill the plan He has for us. I know that when we plant a seed that sometimes it takes time to reap a harvest, and when we do good works in the name of Jesus, that it may take time for these works to really begin to bring forth fruit. All of these are best left to the timing of Jesus as we need to do what we are commanded to do, but the rest is in His hands and in His timing, and if we have done our part a good harvest will result. My Daily Devotional Volume III May 9 Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment