Pages

Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Love Of Money

The Love Of Money "Whoever loves money never has money enough; whoever has wealth is never satisfied with his income." Ecclesiastes 5:10 I have spent my entire career in money management, and have written many devotionals about the power of money. The dream of most people today is that they want to become rich, have great wealth and be financially secure. Most people think the answer to most all of their problems is money. They think, "If I just had more money, then I could do anything I desire to do, and then I would be happy." Money does not make a person happy. Look at King Solomon, the man that had so much money he would make Bill Gates look like a street beggar, and who wrote the scripture above. Jesus tells us it is impossible to serve both God and money. Now don't get me wrong, it is fine to have money, as long as money does not have you. If your entire world is devoted around acquiring wealth and money, you have a problem, as riches are uncertain and unstable at best. Riches and wealth can disappear almost instantly, as a flood, fire, earthquake, tornado or a stock market crash can wipe out all your wealth in an instant. And when you die, you leave behind all that you have, and you take with you only what you are. According to Jesus, the only way to make your money last for all eternity, is to invest it in heaven's bank. "Do not lay up for yourselves treasures upon earth,.....But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven,...for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." Matthew 6:19-21. My friends, let me encourage you to be content with what you have. It is certainly not wrong to have riches, just do not long for them, and place all your trust in them, trust only in God, for he only wants your soul, not your money. September 26 Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Six

No comments:

Post a Comment