Pages

Thursday, October 3, 2013

A Special Grandson

A Special Grandson "Get wisdom, get understanding; do not forget my words or swerve from them." Proverbs 4:5 Today my grandson Brock Elliott Ford got his first full time job, he is going to college and will graduate in a few more months, and will soon be 22 years old. It only seems like moments ago when I held his mother Pamela in my arms for the first time, and now I am blessed to see my first grandson, become a man and have his first job. Brock is such as special young man, and has been such a blessing to me throughout the years. I have watched him grow up to be a loving, caring and gentle young man, with such a kind heart that always thinks about the welfare of others. It only seems like days ago when I watched him leave for his first day at kindergarten. I believe that grandchildren are special, as they are what their parents and grandparents have made them. If God is present in the home, which it was with Brock's parents, the result is a young man that has his life centered around God, and the values that God represents. Brock exemplifies this, as he has grown up in church, and in a family where God's values have been evident on a daily basis. Brock has been taught the words of God from the time he was born through today, and now is a young man, getting ready to begin his own life. The wisdom and values he has been taught from the Word of God will stay with him for the rest of his life. I am confident that he will not forget this wisdom he has learned from his parents and his grandparents. "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6. As I pray for him each day, I think how blessed I am to have a grandson like him. He will always be my special one, and I pray that God will continue to watch over him, protect him, and keep him safe. My Daily Devotional October 3 Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Six

No comments:

Post a Comment