Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

It Takes Effort

It Takes Effort “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.” Colossians 3:23-24 I have always tried to teach my children that whatever they want out of life they can make it happen, if they put forth the effort and be committed enough. I know that when I was young I wanted to be the best basketball player that I could be. This was my dream and all I ever wanted to do was to be able to play basketball better than anyone. I would practice from morning to night, and probably had a basketball in my hands pretty much any hour of the day. I became very good and set several college scoring records that still have not been broken today, because of the amount of commitment I had. I was offered a scholarship at the University of Kentucky, the most renowned basketball college in the nation, all due to my commitment to be the best I could be. This is the kind of commitment that we all have to make, if we want to excel in anything we do. I have tried to carry this attitude with me in my business career, and also in my personal life, as I have strived to be the best I could be. I am always willing to make the commitment to make these things happen. It is important to strive for excellence in everything that we do. Jesus said in Colossians 3:23, which is shown above, that he expects us to do whatever we do with all our heart, and put all our efforts into it. If we want to experience the blessings of God we also have to put forth much effort. Satan will always be tempting us to do wrong, and often these temptations will be ones that will be pleasing to us, but we must resist, which will take some effort on our part, which will also be pleasing to God. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Six October 27

No comments:

Post a Comment