Pages

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

My Children's Prayer

My Children's Prayer "And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men." Luke 2:52 This devotional is for my children, but I hope anyone that has children, will read this message, and use this as a basis for what you should always pray that your children will become. I have been blessed with three of the most wonderful children any father could ever want to have. As I think about each of them, and the fine young men and women they have become, it makes me proud to be their father. Over the years, I have prayed for all my children as they grew up, that God would watch over them and protect them at all times. I have prayed that God would touch their hearts, and that they would come to accept Jesus as their Lord and Savior. I have always prayed that God would give me the wisdom and knowledge, and ability to be the example for them and lead them to God. When I think about what I would wish and want their lives to be like, I think about the scripture above. I believe this scripture so exemplifies what every parent should want for their children. We want them to grow in "wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men." What more could we ever ask for, as we pray for our children. This was just a simple scripture which described the childhood of Jesus, but should be the basis for all our prayers for our children. If our children grew just as Jesus grew, what a wonderful thought this would be, so I pray that my children will grow, just as Jesus grew. I pray that my children will increase in wisdom, especially in the wisdom from God. I pray that my children will grow in stature, and in their physical well-being. I pray that my children will grow in a strong life-sustaining relationship with God, and with all the people God puts in their lives. This is my Prayer for my children. My Daily Devotional October 2 Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Six

No comments:

Post a Comment