Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2013

My Special Son

My Special Son "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.” Psalm 139:13-14 Today is my youngest son, Christopher Thomas Brock's, birthday, and it brings back all the good memories and joy he has brought me, and I thank God for bringing him into my life. He is our third child, and was born about 12 years after our other two children. Margaret and I were worried at the time we found out we were going to have another baby, as she was 36 years old at the time, and we knew there were some risks associated with having a baby at this age. I want to thank God that there were not any problems, and his birth went as planned. Christopher has been my special son, as I have watched him mature and grow up to be a very special man. He and his wife Heather, have a daughter Emma Rose, and a son Christopher Thomas Brock Jr., our fifth and sixth grandchildren. I had the opportunity to work with Chris for several years, in one of my hospitals, and saw the talent and the ability he has working with other people, and how he influences them, which was such a special time for me. He gave his life to Jesus at an early age, and God has now called him into the ministry. It has thrilled my heart to get to hear him preach several times at our church, and to see how God is using him and his talents. He has always had such a kind, loving and caring heart, and loves to be around people, and has such a talent for encouraging others, and drawing people, who follow him. I am so honored and proud to be called his father, but most of all I am overjoyed to see him following God's calling for his life. I love you Chris, you are my special son. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Six December 12

No comments:

Post a Comment