Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Don't Be Afraid

Don't Be Afraid

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."
2nd Timothy 1:7

God does not want us to go through life being afraid. Fear can destroy us, and cause much pain and suffering if we allow it. During my teen age years I had a speech problem, as I stuttered, which was probably inherited from my father, as he also had a problem. I was afraid to speak in front of the class at school, and many times had other children make fun of me. This was a very frightening time during my life, and one that I would like to forget. However, I slowly grew out of this phase, as I got to college and had a successful business career. Although this problem still haunts me, most people don't realize a problem still exists within me. As I have gotten older and wiser, I realize that my fear of talking, was something that God gave me to humble me, as I now know that if I had not had this problem I would have thought of myself as being superior to others, as I have always been very confident of my abilities in all other areas of my life. I now realize that this was God's way of letting me know that I could not control all things, but I needed Him to direct this part of my life. I conquered my fear, but I was always humbled by this one aspect of my life. I believe God worked this defect in me for my good and also His good, as I know I am vulnerable, and can't do all things on my own. If you are dealing with some aspect of fear in your life today, it may also be God's way of telling you that you are also not invincible and need Him. He doesn't want you to be afraid, but wants you to recognize that you need Him in your life, to give you strength to conquer your fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment