Pages

Friday, August 5, 2011

Meditate On God's Word

Meditate On God's Word

"May the words of my mouth and the mediation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer."
Psalm 19:14

As you think in your heart, determines who and what you are. Whatever we think about and have in our hearts, is going to come out of our mouths. Out of the abundance of our hearts will our mouths speak. It is very important that our minds meditate on the good things of God, upon His Word. The word meditate means "to go over and over", which means that we must study God's word and constantly be in it, letting it minister to us, and gleaning all the wisdom we can from it. I find that when my mind wants to dwell on ugly, negative things, the best remedy is to seek out certain scriptures or chapters of the Bible. When I begin to read these words of God, my mind will begin to be filled with good instead of evil. God's Word will become the abundance of my heart, and then good will come from my mouth instead of evil. Another special blessing that comes from meditation on the words of God, is that the scriptures will become stored in your mind, much like in a computer. Then, when you are tempted to do something that is not right, you will be convicted, by an inner conscience that this is not right, and you can turn aside the sin. You need to spend time in God's word each day, memorize it, think about it, speak out about it, but most of all act it out in your daily life. You must realize that when you are grounded in God's word, then every word that comes from your mouth, will be acceptable to God. Our words come from the strength of God, so meditate on His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment