Pages

Saturday, August 20, 2011

God Will Provide

God Will Provide

"Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this."
Psalm 37:5

Several years ago one of my readers, a 29 year old lady, in the Philippines asked Jesus into her heart, through my devotionals. Since that time I have kept in touch with her almost on a weekly basis. Recently she asked me if she should get married, as she had met a man that was not a Christian. I sent her scriptures from the Bible about God's views on marriage, and later she said that she had decided against marrying this man, because he did not believe in God. She said that, "It doesn't matter if I never marry, Jesus is my sufficiency. If he wants me to find a husband, He will bring me the best." Just recently she has found a man, that goes to her church and is a Christian, and they are planning to get married later. This young lady had committed her life totally to God, and when she had done so the Lord had brought her desires to fulfillment. If you find yourself in some situation where you need to have God intervene in your life, be patient, and wait for Him. God hears your prayers, and if you commit your life to serving Him, he will answer you. It may not be in the time frame you would like, but God is faithful, and in His time He will answer. You need to continue to have faith, and trust in God in all things, as with God nothing is impossible. While you are waiting for God to intervene in your circumstances, read your Bible and pray, and be specific about what you are asking for. Remember the persistent widow, and how she never gave up asking God for her needs to be met. God wants you to be committed, and in His time your needs will be met.

No comments:

Post a Comment