Pages

Saturday, November 12, 2011

God's Will Not My Will

God's Will Not My Will

"All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be."
Psalm 139:16

When I think back on my life I can see many things that I would have done differently. I have made decisions that I should not have made, and did things I should not have done. I am sure I am not alone, as I suspect that many of you could relate to this. The unfortunate reality is that we can never go back and relive our past, and erase all the mistakes we have made. I know that most of the mistakes I made were ones where I was selfishly looking at things with my own self interest in mind. I can remember praying for things that were the desires of my heart at the time, and would question why God did not grant them. So often I would pray, and want an instantaneous answer from God granting my prayers. I now realize that God always answers our prayers, but what we don't realize is that it sometimes is not what we want to hear. God could, if He chose, grant us everything we desire, but so often we ask for things that would not be good for us, and we should be grateful that He didn't answer our prayers. Just imagine if God granted everything we wanted and desired, we would never have any trouble or trials in our lives. Everything would always be perfect as we would live in a perfect world if we got everything we asked for and wanted. The thing that I have come to realize is that my prayers are no longer what I want and desire to happen, but is that God's will be done in my life. When I am down in my valleys and the mountains seem too steep to climb, I now pray that God will deliver me, but in His time frame and that His will be done in all situations. God knows what is best for me, and knows what is best for you, in all the situations you face. My prayers are that "God's will" and not "my will" be done.
My Daily Devotional Volume Six
February 23
Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment