Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Travel God's Path

Travel God's Path
"Not only so, but we rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance."
Romans 5:3
I counsel a lot of people who are suffering from a multitude of problems. I know that many people see their suffering as a punishment from God for all the sins they have committed, but so many times I find people who are suffering not from some sin they have committed, but rather from the path they are traveling. God is always aware of all the problems people face in their lives, and will close a door to get them to go in another direction. How many times have you heard people say that I had my goals planned from the time I was young. I knew what I wanted to do with my life, and worked very hard to make my dreams come true, but nothing is working out the way I wanted them to. So often when I hear people say this, I remind them that God may have a different purpose for your life. In the book of Psalm, the Bible tells us that all our days are destined to be, even while we are in our mother's womb. You may be going in the wrong direction with all your plans, and you may be suffering because God wants to get you back on the right path. We see from the story of Jonah, how God got his attention, when He did not do what God wanted. Jonah suffered in the belly of a fish for three days, while God got his attention and set him on the right path. I would encourage each of you, if you find yourself in a situation where you are suffering because you want to travel a certain path in your life, it may be God telling you that He does not want you to go that way. He may be closing the door, but there will always be other doors that He will open. Pray and seek God's wisdom and let Him lead you in the path you are to follow.
My Daily Devotional Volume Six
March 12
Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment