Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Keep Moving Ahead

Keep Moving Ahead

"If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us of our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."
1st John 1:9

When I was a young boy about 6 years old, I was playing in our yard underneath an old tree, when it suddenly uprooted and fell on me. My grandmother was working in her garden and saw it fall, and rushed immediately and pulled the tree off me. If it had not been for her immediate action I probably would have been killed. I can remember many times when I was with my grandfather, hunting in the mountains, I would think that a tree was going to fall on me again, and still have thoughts of this even today. Sadly, many Christians still do the same thing in regard to our daily struggle with sin. We still hang on to the past and are reluctant to let it go. God only asks when we fail is that we humble ourselves to Him, confess our sins, accept His forgiveness, and move forward. We never get victory standing still or dwelling in the past. Our victory is won by moving forward. There will always be times in our lives when we will fall short, when we will fail, but don't accept failure and let anything that has happened in your past prevent you from moving forward and strengthening your relationship with God. God has forgiven you from all your past, and when you accept Him as your savior, you are a new creation, and one that should focus on what lies ahead. We live in a world that is full of sin and evil, and as Jesus told us, we will have trials and tribulations in this life, but we will be able to overcome any of these by trusting in God, as Jesus told His disciples to "be of good cheer" because He has overcome this world. So whatever you are battling in your life, never give up, as the old hymn says, "There Is Victory In Jesus."
My Daily Devotional Volume Six
February 19
Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment