Pages

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Growing Pains

Growing Pains

"Blessed is the man who finds wisdom, the man who gains understanding."
Proverbs 3:13

As I have grown in my faith as a Christian, I have thought will I ever get to be where I need to be. I know that when I first got saved and asked Jesus into my heart, there was much I needed to learn and thought that by reading my Bible and praying that someday I would reach that point where I would know all that God wanted me to know. During these past 30 years, after having read my Bible each day and praying to God for wisdom and knowledge, I still find that there is so much that I still do not understand. However, the more I read my Bible the more wisdom and knowledge God gives me about how to live my life each day. There are many days that scriptures I have read in the past just leap off the page, and I truly understand and know what these scriptures say to me. The fruits of the spirit that God promises us are being revealed more and more to me, as I seek the word of God in my life and apply it to my daily living. If you also want to grow in your spiritual walk with God, be faithful, diligent, and steadfast in building a closer relationship with God and let Him minister to you on a daily basis. When you allow God to minister to you daily, your life will be changed as you will feel the Holy Spirit begin to lead and guide you to live the kind of life God wants you to live. All the problems and trials you encounter, will not seem as overwhelming as God will provide you His peace and His comfort, even in the darkest moments. It is like going from kindergarten, to grade school, to high school and then to college, as you will graduate in each step to a better understanding of what God's plan is for your life. If you seek God's wisdom you will find it, and can live your life in a way that pleases God.
My Daily Devotional Volume IV
March 5
Robert William Brock, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment