Pages

Friday, July 25, 2014

Are You Using Your Time Wisely

Are You Using Your Time Wisely “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me.” Revelation 3:19-20 Just recently I had a friend say to me that it seemed like he never got anything done, that he was always busy, but he never had anything to show for it. The management of our time is one of the most critical aspects of everyone’s daily life. There are only 24 hours in each day, and how we manage and utilize this time is critical to our well being and the way we feel about ourselves. So many of us get our priorities completely out of proportion, so much so that never have the opportunity to stop and smell the roses. With so much to do and so little time to do it, we often leave God out of our priorities. We need to set our priorities in such a way that allows us to spend some quality time daily with God. We cannot be too busy to set aside some time for prayer and to study His word.. We have to get our priorities straight, and take the time to spend with Jesus. When we make time for God, we will no longer be unproductive, but repentant, and will make a radical new beginning and become productive and fruitful. We need to ask ourselves if we have set our goals and priorities for each day to match what God’s goals and priorities are. The time we have on this earth is uncertain, and utilizing our time wisely is the difference between meeting our goals and objectives in life, and utilizing our talent to the fullest, or not accomplishing what God wants us to accomplish. Set your priorities for your day to include God. I personally like to look back at the end of each day to reflect and see the things that I have accomplished. I would encourage you to do an evaluation of your day to determine if you have used your time wisely, and given God some of your time. Time is too precious of a commodity to let any of it go to waste Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven July 25

No comments:

Post a Comment