Pages

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Finish The Race

Finish The Race "I have fought the good fight. I have finished the race. I have kept the faith." 2nd Timothy 4:7 One of my new year resolutions this year was to begin an exercise program, so most days I spend thirty minutes to an hour on my stationary bicycle. On my control panel there is a dial that tells me how many miles I have gone, and the time it has taken. I can travel as long as I want to, and stop at any time, as I am on my own to decide how much I want to exercise, as no one is watching me. This reminds me of an athlete running a marathon and entering a massive stadium in first place, but the stadium is empty, as there is no one watching. I can imagine this athlete lapping the stadium as fast as he can to get the best time possible. He is sweating, puffing, and struggling along as he crosses the finish line in first place, and yet there was no one watching. This is how life can be when we feel all alone, and that no one cares or is watching us. It is so easy to feel all alone when you are facing the trials and troubles of life, but If you have accepted Christ as your savior, it does not matter who is watching, as the only one that matters is God. When you are God's child He loves you, cares about you, encourages you, helps you carry your burdens, but most of all you only need Him watching you. So often in life we want a big audience, we want the world to appreciate us, we want to blend in, and be loved and respected by everyone. We forget that how others feel and think about us doesn't matter, it is only how God thinks about us that is important. So the next time you feel like no one is noticing what you do, loves you or cares about you, take a moment to remember that you are not running this race alone. Just remember that your coach and father is in fact running right beside you, cheering you on to finish the race, and ready to reward you with an eternal life in Heaven. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven July 9 Robert William Brock, Jr. This is one of the 365 devotionals from my book. It is published by Amazon.com and is available at Amazon.com under the book section.

No comments:

Post a Comment