Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

Faith And Healing

Faith And Healing “Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.” Jeremiah 17:14 God cares about our spiritual life and also our physical life. When God created the human body, I believe He knew that our physical body would suffer with the diseases and problems that we all suffer with during our lives. So many people struggle with heart disease, cancer, depression, high blood pressure, diabetes and thousands of other diseases that eat away at our health and our happiness. In this world our body endures pain, suffering and decay. In the days of Jesus there was also sickness throughout the land. People were blind, lame, deaf, and stricken with all types of diseases, the same as today. But throughout the Bible Jesus gave us many instances where healing occurred. The scriptures overflow with stories of Jesus healing every kind of bodily affliction. So did His disciples, whom He promised that they could do the same works as He did. The thing that all these people that were healed had in common, was that they had faith and trusted God for their healing. This past year I had an occasion to experience the healing power of God first hand. My mother had suffered for over 10 years with a large hernia which protruded from her stomach, and was as large as a grapefruit. During a healing service at our church, as our pastor prayed for people to be healed in our congregation, God healed my mother of her hernia. Her physician can no longer find any trace of her hernia. Her stomach is now as flat as it always was, and has remained this way for over a year now. It is clear that the gift of healing did not end with Jesus and His disciples. God healed my mother, because of the faith and trust she has in God, and I know through this the power of God is alive and well in our world today and that His power still can reach us. With God all things are possible. Robert W. Brock My Daily Devotional Volume Seven July 28

No comments:

Post a Comment